Friday, June 6, 2008

The Rising of a Star

We only ask you remember all us little people when you hit it big.



Getting ready for this pilgrimage has been CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found out that I get to play at WYD and I'm SO EXCITED about it, because it's much better than I could have ever anticipated - my own set! My own chance to share my gifts with the biggest Catholic event in the world!! I feel like one tiny piece of something so grand, that it's incomprehensible. This has been my dream since I started music ministry... nine years ago.

Wow.

But then... I was overwhelmed by the amount of money we needed to raise to get my singers and musicians over there. I had to borrow a couple musicians from another band and it's a great mish-mash of people who can't wait to serve the Lord through music! But it's a lot of money. A LOT of money.

Little miracles keep happening, though. The fact that we were able to get David, my boyfriend and guitarist extraordinare, and Alicia, my sister, and amazing singer, in with our group was awesome... I couldn't believe it and just thanked God that they were able to go! I was so worried that I'd have to play all by myself, and for a youth festival, I didn't think that would sound as good....so Praise Him!

And then, a couple of weeks ago, one of my best friends died. It was so hard. It was really hard for me, because he never heard my CD or saw that I thanked him in the kudos in the liner notes. I wish he would have seen that. His parents gave $2000 towards our WYD fees.... I couldn't believe it. I feel like my friend is very much a part of this trip, even though he's not here with us anymore. God is good, and God makes great things happen out of devastation.

Fr. Will is right... it is SO humbling to ask for money and to be dependent on the generousity of others. But it gives them an opportunity to be part of this as well. I am keeping a list of all the people who have donated towards making this trip possible so that I can pray for them every day of our pilgrimage. Even a priest I knew back when I was a little girl sent me a check! God will provide!!!!

I'm asking for more money this weekend at the Masses - please say a little prayer!!

I can't wait to get to know all of you fellow pilgrims!!!!!!!!!

Noelle Garcia

No comments: